Here’s How you Can Wake Up Early to Workout
I used to sleep in until 11AM. Now I wake up at 430 every day and if i ‘sleep in’ until 8 for some reason, it feels like my day is already shot.
I know a lot of you think I’m crazy for waking up so early and are always asking me “How do you do it?!”
It was definitely not easy to start and still some days now, I want to sleep in but I would never go back to sleeping in late again!
My brain is more productive in the morning. I’ve been typing up blogs since 5AM right now and I’m SO focused. Before the sun rises, it just feels like there is no one on this planet and I have it to myself. No distractions AT ALL. It’s seriously amazing. The same goes to working out early.
Getting your workout in before you have to go to work is the best thing you can do.
To be honest, in the morning there is nothing going on yet. You have your current routine you need to do to get you out of the house on time. BUT once the day starts to unfold, things start to come up. That workout you thought you would do right after work doesn’t happen. You’re too tired and just want to make dinner and watch netflix, am I right?!
Trust me, I would be doing the same thing that’s why!
Working out early in the morning sets the tone for your day and it actually gives you more energy throughout the day.
I know you’ve always wanted to just wake up early to get it over and done with but you were just always so tired and didn’t feel like it.
I don’t want you to put your goals on hold. It’s time to wake up and get going girl!
Quinn’s Tips On Waking Up Early To Workout:
- Set the Tone the Night Before: Honestly, before I even cook dinner I’m showered and ready for bed. In my boyfriend tee and sweatpants. My face is all fresh and my hair is drying naturally (I cannot go to sleep with a wet head!) This gives me a head start. By doing this, I don’t have to ‘rewake’ myself back up by washing my face and showering RIGHT before bed.
- Wake up Even Earlier: When first deciding on doing this, hitting the snooze button is very, very tempting and will most likely happen. Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than you had planned so you can hit the snooze button the first alarm and then actually wake up on the second one. (No double snoozing here though!!)
- Go to Sleep Earlier: This is obvious! “But quinn, I can’t settle myself down and go to sleep any earlier.” … Get off your phone and read a book in bed. This will allow you to slowly get tired and drift off. Or if you are not a reader, turn on some soothing tunes or use one of those apps where Matthew Mcconaughey uses his soothing voice to tell you a bedtime story. Yes it’s a thing… I’ve never personally tried it but let me know if you do!
- Motivate Yourself the Night Before: The night before just get all excited like a little kid and think about all the AMAZING reasons why you are waking up early. Your first workout? Going out at night so you HAVE to get it in? Think again about it in the morning, get all excited about it and wake the heck up girl!
- Create a Solid Morning Routine: Every successful person has one. Create a routine such as: wake up, wash face and brush teeth, head downstairs, turn the coffee on, drink a ton of water before your coffee, drink coffee while you read or do your “me” thing then go for it! For me, I can’t just wake up and workout. This girl needs her coffee so if I’m working out early, I make sure I give myself enough time to wake up, get ready and drink my coffee!
With all that being said I hope some of this helps. To me, waking up early is amazing and I will continue to do it for the rest of my life! It gives me the opportunity to focus on the important things that mean the world to me without all the distractions. I sometimes do work, get creative, workout or I even sometimes just relax and catch up on the latest videos I may have missed. When I don’t wake up early I do get anxious and feel very rushed in the morning and to be honest, throughout the whole entire day. I would rather wake up 2-3 hours earlier than work later in the day. After Dinner I really enjoy to wind down and relax!
If you are totally exhausted in the morning. It’s normal. Not every day you are going to spring out of bed like a crazy person with a huge smile on your face. If you are currently thinking that’s what I look like, it’s not. Some days I dread it but I know I have to, this is where your discipline comes into play! So tell me, are you up for the challenge to waking up early?
Why are you thinking about making the switch to become a morning person?
Comment below! I would love to hear from you